Welcome to Arizona Friends
Affordable, Sunny, Southeast Arizona Real Estate-land, platted lots, homes- all with 360 degree mountain views in Cochise College Park, near Douglas and Bisbee in Cochise County, near Mexico, at the southern tip of the Rocky Mountains.
How would you like a home, located on the western range in a peaceful place that:
A) Provides you a natural environment that...
- Offers at least three and one half gentle, distinct seasons each year.
- Is surrounded by constantly uplifting, nearby, mountain views in all directions.
- Affords the tranquility of living in wide opens spaces only ten minutes from an international twin city area with modern supermarkets and stores.
B) Provides you inexpensive opportunities...
- To keep a horse and ride it for miles and miles without opening a gate.
- To ride a bicycle or golf cart over smooth dirt back-roads to play golf or to swim year round in municipal facilities.
- To enjoy a neighboring country with good restaurants, inexpensive medical prescriptions, and interesting shops.
- To hike to spectacular views on five nearby mountain ranges encompassing the broad peaceful valley where your home will be located.
- To watch up to 340 species of birds, many of which will come to you if you feed them.
- To view the solar system from your own backyard where the stars appear to be big and bright.
- To meet few other vehicles on the paved highway leading from the front gate of your community to the golf course and the city limits four miles to the south.
- To drive to the Grand Canyon National park or the Gulf of California in less than a day.
C) Provides lifestyle options for you...
- To be a part of a small community of homeowners who try to help one another to acquire homes, to enjoy life and to live younger longer.
- Or just to be by yourself in natural beauty .
- To be near, and to have constantly available excellent primary health care facilities, should you ever need them.
- To give your family and friends a place where they can come visit you, absorb the atmosphere and sense the history, of this beautiful place where the Wild West was tamed, but never really died.
- To enroll your children in a bi-cultural school system, while you work at home, to become a successful artist, published writer, skilled musician, wealthy Internet sales person, or whatever your dreams may be.
- Or, merely to be retired and to be living gracefully in the midst of awesome natural beauty.
- To design a landscape of beauty and distinction which requires no water and no lawn mowing!
IF you would like such a home, you can put it on LotS 1384 and 1385, shown below.
It may be possible to build it with your own hands, using inexpensive, energy efficient, indigenous materials such as adobe brick, earth, or straw bales. OR) If you prefer, you can watch such a structure being built on contract by skilled local craftspeople for only a fraction of what a similar sized lot and home would cost in many other parts of this country or the world.
The Arizona friends community does not own or sell Real Estate. This is done by the owners, such as the Stuckey Trust, or those of property listed for sale on the Opportunities Page of this website, who pledge to sell their lots or homes at, or below, their published price, to any person regardless of race, religion, handicap, familial status, or national origin; and, who promises to abide by the recorded covenants of the respective Cochise College Park Unit in which their listed property is located. This website is maintained by Roy Joe Stuckey, trustee, of the Roy Joe and Ruth E Stuckey Revocable Trust, aka, Stuckey Trust. See Letter of Invitation. Design credit is given to Andy Morgan, David and Amos Newswanger, Joe Stuckey; and Edwin Basye, Sites that Grow LLC. Other professional assistance has been provided by Keri Jaehnig, social media consultant; Sam McCowin, Property Manager; Ed Wall, Internet expert; Jason Walt, CPA; Larry Elkins Photographer, Mark Bockel, Attorney; and MaryAnn Ead, Real Estate Broker,---December 2, 2011-rjs